Monday, June 4, 2012

Gambell Cooking – And a Little Birding

I'm sorry about absence here on my blog as well my ignoring all my e-mails this past week. I've been cooking for the WINGS group here at Gambell, Alaska (where there really is a view of Russia, not that Sarah Palin has ever been here).

I've gone a bit overboard, but we've come to the end of the week, and tomorrow afternoon begin the series of four flights that will get me home 18 hours later. I have little doubt that I'll sleep most of the way. Last year I slept more than 12 hours straight through on my first night off after this week of nonstop running back and forth in the kitchen.


Day 2, May 30
Breakfast: Fluffy Scrambled Eggs and Cream Biscuits with Cheddar Cheese, Oven-fried Bacon                 
Lunch: Classic Tuna Salad, Barley Soup With Mushrooms and Kale
Dinner: Crispy Roast Lemon Chicken, Baked Wild Rice, Maple-roasted Brussels Sprouts and Rutabaga with Hazelnuts, Apple-Pear Salad
Dessert: Orange-scented Olive-oil Cake with Orange Compote and Ganache



No comments:

Post a Comment